To submit an article online, and to check the status of your submission, you need to have an account with Sri Lanka Journal of the Humanities
Don't have an account? Register Here.Start Submission
Types and Length of Submissions
Articles (6000-7000 words, including footnotes/tables/graphs, etc.)
Review articles, book-reviews, opinion pieces and interviews (not exceeding 3000 words)
Format: The text should be simple; typed in MS Word, and double-spaced. The font should be Times New Roman with standard 12 point.
Abstract: The text should be accompanied by a 250-word abstract below the title.
Keywords: Three to five keywords should be included on the Author Information & Submission Declaration Form (See 5.4. below and Annexure I).
Acknowledgments: Any acknowledgements should appear at the end of your article prior to any notes and references.
Copyright: Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere.
Conditions: The SLJH does not accept previously published articles, papers published concurrently in other journals, or those that have appeared on internet sites.
The SLJH adopts the MLA citation/referencing style. Authors are requested to use this style throughout the paper, to maintain consistency.
- Potential authors should submit their manuscripts online (see 'Submitting an Article Online' above).
- When submitting, please maintain anonymity. All author-related information should be on a separate cover page using the template in Annexure I below along with the author’s declaration.
- Submissions will be acknowledged by SLJH. It will attempt to review manuscripts as rapidly as possible. All attempts are made to reach a decision within 2 months of submission.
The SLJH will email the proofs to the author. Only typographical and/or factual errors may be changed at this stage.
Complimentary Copies and E-Prints
The SLJH will send a pdf-version of the published paper to the corresponding author. The author may also receive a complimentary copy of the print issue in which the article appears.
PEER REVIEW POLICY
The SLJH adopts a double-blind peer review process.
Submissions that have been accepted for publication in the SLJH shall not be withdrawn by the author. Any request for withdrawal shall be made by the author prior to acceptance.
RETRACTION OR REMOVAL POLICY
The SLJH follows the principles outlined in the joint statement issued by the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) and the International Publishers’ Association (IPA) on retraction or removal of journal articles from the web, available at: https://www.ifla.org/publications/iflaipa-joint-statement-on-retraction-or-removal-of-journal-articles-from-the-web.
The guidelines set out in this document are effective from 01.02.2021.
Author Information & Submission Declaration Form [To be submitted by Author / Corresponding Author]
Name of Author / Corresponding Author:
Institution / Affiliation:
Title of the Manuscript:
Co-author/s, if any, with designation, institution / affiliation and email:
1. I confirm that,
- I have read, understood and I agree to the submission guidelines and policies of the SLJH;
- all authors of the manuscript have no conflict of interests to declare;
- the submitted manuscript is the author’s / authors’ original work, and has not been copied or plagiarized in part or full;
- the submitted manuscript has not received prior publication and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere;
- the submitted manuscript shall not be given for consideration to any other publication until a decision is made by the SLJH.
2. On behalf of all co-authors, if any, I shall bear full responsibility for the submission
Date: Signature of Author / Corresponding Author
(Signed on behalf of all authors, if any)
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
© University of Peradeniya
The articles in the Sri Lanka Journal of Humanities are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.